+-

Video Silat

Shoutbox

30/12/2023 22:12 anaknaga: Mudik ke Forum ini.
Mampir dulu di penghujung 2023..
07/11/2021 17:43 santri kinasih: Holaaaaas
10/02/2021 10:29 anaknaga: Salam Silat..
Semoga Sadulur sekalian sehat semua di Masa Pandemi Covid-19. semoga olah raga dan rasa dapat meningkatkan daya tahan tubuh kita. hampur 5 tahun tidak ada yang memberikan komen disini.
23/12/2019 08:32 anaknaga: Tidak bisa masuk thread. dah lama tidak nengok perkembangan forum ini.
salam perguruan dan padepokan silat seluruh nusantara.
02/07/2019 18:01 Putra Petir: Akhirnya masuk jua... wkwkwk
13/12/2016 10:49 Taufan: Yuk ke Festival Kampung Silat Jampang 17-18 Desember 2016!!!
20/09/2016 16:45 Dolly Maylissa: kangen diskusi disini
View Shout History

Recent Topics

Berita Duka: Alamsyah bin H Mursyid Bustomi by luri
10/07/2022 09:14

PPS Betako Merpati Putih by acepilot
14/08/2020 10:06

Minta Do`a dan bimbingan para suhu dan sesepuh silat :D. SANDEKALA by zvprakozo
10/04/2019 18:34

On our book: "The Fighting Art of Pencak Silat and its Music" by Ilmu Padi
13/03/2017 14:37

Siaran Radio ttg. Musik Pencak Silat di Stasiun "BR-Klassik / Musik der Welt" by Ilmu Padi
12/01/2017 16:19

Tentang buku kami: "The Fighting Art of Pencak Silat and its Music" by Ilmu Padi
17/10/2016 20:27

Hoby Miara Jin by anaknaga
19/09/2016 04:50

TALKSHOW SILAT - Silat Untuk Kehidupan by luri
22/06/2016 08:11

Thi Khi I Beng by aki sija
17/08/2015 06:19

[BUKUTAMU] by devil
09/06/2015 21:51

Daftar Aliran dan Perguruan di Indonesia by devil
01/06/2015 14:01

SILAT BERDO'A SELAMAT by devil
01/06/2015 13:59

Persilatan Jurus Lima (Sabandar) by Marsudi Eko
14/05/2015 19:36

Kebugaran Merpati Putih by mpcrb
22/04/2015 16:16

PAWAI JAMBORE PENCAK 2015 by luri
20/04/2015 16:20

SilatIndonesia.Com

Author Topic: Cikalong,Sera,Pamacan In Europe  (Read 11647 times)

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Cikalong,Sera,Pamacan In Europe
« on: 25/06/2008 05:00 »
Dear Members,
Please could anyone inform to me if there are any Cikalong,Sera,Pamacan teacher's that are instructing in Europe as I would welcome the oppertunity to study if possible?

I read on a previous post that Pencak Silat Panglipur incorparates the three styles that Im enquering about,but to what percentage of Jurus,Lankahs,Aplications from Cikalong,Sera,Pamacan are in the Panglipur curriculum?

Please would it also be possible to gain a insight to the weapons used in the three styles if anyone has informtion.

Thank you,
Stevie

EricB

Re: Cikalong,Sera,Pamacan In Europe
« Reply #1 on: 25/06/2008 10:32 »
Dear Stevie,

I'm living in Holland myself and can reply you in this matter
In Europe there are no persons who have the complete curriculum of one style !
You are mentioning 3 styles and one Perguruan, how is it possible that a man is able to master this all ?

What do you search for, what is your background/experience ?
There are a lot of people who claim to have the whole package, you can read my sincere doubts above.

Please give me some more input, then I'll try to help you further

regards;

bradlee

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: 25/06/2008 15:24 »
Hallo Stevie, welcome in home!

Where do you live actually in Europa?
It's very hard to find a teacher who mastered all that 3 old styles, even if you are looking for that in its home, Indonesian.

All the styles you've mentioned have very different "basic principle" (kaidah or kaedah) one from another. If you found your self in this case, many old teachers said, firstly you have to mastered one style completly than move to another style. That what Abah Aleh (The Founder of Panglipur) had done. But, if you only want to know what is exactly Cikalong, Sera and Pamacan like, before decide which style is fit to your body, then it's okay to train one with another in a same time.

By the way, I live in Germany. If I can help you more, let me know! :)

salam,
"Ti Iwung Nungtung Ka Padung, Ti Kanteh Dugi Ka Boeh, Diajar Hirup Nu Teu Mawa Ceda, Lir Ibarat Sinar Mustika, Bari Nyusul Nu Ngaliwat, Malikeun Panyangka Nu Sulaya, Ngabagi Bagja Kanu Sangsara"

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 25/06/2008 22:47 »
Hi Eric,
Thank you for your reply and for the infomation you presented to me regarding silat curriculum in Europe.I total agree with you that it would be hard for someone to master the three styles that I asked about.My inquiry is to find a teacher/teachers of silat to see which stlye would suits me.The basic cikalong I have seen from Cecep DVD'S look of interest as I prefer to stay upright and on my feet,but having said that the Pamacan has caught my eye.
I would welcome the offer from a teacher/teachers to see more as Im limited to what I have seen on DVD and I know that silat is much more deeper than what is presented on a tape/DVD.

You asked me what am I looking for from silat?Well Im looking for self defence,bottom Line.I prefer pukulan,sweeping/throwing to locking systems.weapons training is also something of interest to me like Kerambit,Golok,plus other assorted bladed weapons,Tongkat.

Best Regards,
stevie.
« Last Edit: 25/06/2008 22:54 by hiyafolks »

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 25/06/2008 23:04 »
Hello Bradlee,
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.Im looking forward to learning about Pencak Silat from all you guy's.
What method of play do you study and do you teach in Germany?

All the best,
Stevie.   
« Last Edit: 25/06/2008 23:07 by hiyafolks »

EricB

« Reply #5 on: 26/06/2008 10:19 »
Hi Stevie,

We still don't know where you from ;)
Reading your reply ZI suggest you start training Panglipur first, Panglipur is not a "style/Aliran" but a "club/Perguruan"
In Panglipur there are movements and techniques from Cimande, Cikalong, Sera and a few others, what I know from Panglipur (from their teachers and students) is that it is very complete and a good fundament for going into a quest (and specilaize) for searching the background of an "Aliran"

I have to warn you, if you want to go this deep, you have to be doing this dedicated and full time, by training a few times a week you never be able to specialize.
Personaly I have tried to go as deep as possible, (and I came quite far) but we have family and we have to feed them also :) so I had to stop that pase again and have switched back a view gears.
Are you willing to give up at least 5 years of your live ? and just doing nothing else then training ??

Wel let me know my friend, If you do then there are options.
Just going over to a place to train a few weeks only gives you a piece of the skin (kulit) but not the so important insides (issi)

kind regards

« Last Edit: 26/06/2008 10:22 by EricB »

Ilmu Padi

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 26/06/2008 12:19 »
Salam Kang EricB

Hi Stevie,

...., what I know from Panglipur (from their teachers and students) is that it is very complete and a good fundament for going into a quest (and specilaize) for searching the background of an "Aliran"

... I have the same opinion. "Panglipur" can offer a lot when it comes to the points discussed here ... but of course "Padjadjaran Nasional" doesn't have to put it's light in the shade. And "Mande Muda" would be a good idea also.

By the way, is there any player in Europe doing traditional (= Sundanese) style "Sera (-Depok)" solely? I never heard of that.

Salam, Uwe

P.S.:
Did you get my DVD?
« Last Edit: 26/06/2008 12:21 by Ilmu Padi »
Alam takambang jadi guru

EricB

« Reply #7 on: 27/06/2008 09:03 »
Hello Uwe, how are you

Yes I got it, but forgot to reply because "yet" of my recent heart infarct

but I know the Pajadjaran people on the clip, one of them is Rudy Tarpi (in yellow)he's one of teh guys I trained with a lot of times.
From Sinar Cimande that is Pak Odih himself, I know him wel

I take a look at it again, there where other people I recognized
BTW I'm quit interested to see the complete version :)

bradlee

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 30/06/2008 18:55 »
Hallo hiyafolks,

My basic style, like most of Sundanese children in my region (Garut), was Cimande.
Then I put my passion on Sabandar/Cikalong style until now.
I train Sabandar/Cikalong which put emphasis on speed/punching (Maenpo Peupeuhan).
And also other Sabandar/Cikalong style which give more close style on fighting.
But, both of them train on how to find "rasa".  [top]

Although both of style came from a same big main style (Sabandar/Cikalong), but I found it's very hard to train both of style simultaneously. Also, I have to sacrifice other style to follow the other style rules (kaedah).  :'(

It's to give you a little bit more description on difficulties to combine a traditional pencak silat style (at least in my case).  ;D
« Last Edit: 30/06/2008 18:59 by bradlee »
"Ti Iwung Nungtung Ka Padung, Ti Kanteh Dugi Ka Boeh, Diajar Hirup Nu Teu Mawa Ceda, Lir Ibarat Sinar Mustika, Bari Nyusul Nu Ngaliwat, Malikeun Panyangka Nu Sulaya, Ngabagi Bagja Kanu Sangsara"

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 01/07/2008 00:09 »
Hi Eric,
Thank you for your time and help.I would love to take five years away from work and family to train,but with my western life style it wont happen.

Best regards,
stevie
« Last Edit: 26/07/2008 03:20 by hiyafolks »

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 01/07/2008 00:21 »
Dear Bradlee,
Thank you for informing me of the Pencak Silat style's that you study.The cikalong sound great with the emphasis on punching and it's close fighting style.where does one get the chance to learn cikalong in Europe?you can always PM if you like if you know of anyone thats keeps a low profile that could help? Are there any weapons trainig involed in your cikalong style that you train?

Regards
stevie.

puggiotto

• Anggota
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 02/07/2008 00:52 »
By the way, is there any player in Europe doing traditional "style Depok" solely? I never heard of that.

Hallo,

This man is a "Depok" player. He has studied this style in Indonesia in the middle of the '80. He is 50 years old and  lived in Milan.

You can see in this video a couple of depok tecnique, let me know please what do you think about it.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu4VvGIfr2k

bradlee

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 03/07/2008 06:46 »
Hallo hiyafolks,

To be honest, I don't know any Cikalong practitioner with deep knowledges, living and willing to teach in UK. But UK, together with Holland and France, are center of Pencak Silat in Europe. Then I believe, it would not very hard for you to find one Cikalong practitioner there.

Most of all, we have to thanks to this site (Sahabatsilat.com) and FP2STI. Because of them and their community, a traditional Pencak Silats, like Cikalong, are now better well known.  [top]

And hiyafolks, here's a vid about a Sabandar/Cikalong style which put emphasis on speed and punching (Maenpo Peupeuhan). This video is about Maenpo Peupeuhan Adung Rais. Hope you enjoy it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA-1BwwHdmk[/youtube]

hiyafolks

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: 04/07/2008 05:56 »
Thank you for the reply Bradlee,
The video that you presented to me was a little diffrent to what I  have see Bambang suwanda and Cecep do regarding Cikalong on video,but I enjoyed the material.

I will keep up my search and hopefully I might find some light at the end of the tunel.There is a invitation for any Cikalong teacher that would be willing to come to the UK to teach me and few guys that I know over a weekend or if they would be willing to invite me over to Europe for training with them.Rasa sounds like something that would help my silat training.

Stevie

Ilmu Padi

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: 04/07/2008 13:54 »
Hello bradlee,

Hallo hiyafolks,

And hiyafolks, here's a vid about a Sabandar/Cikalong style which put emphasis on speed and punching (Maenpo Peupeuhan). This video is about Maenpo Peupeuhan Adung Rais. Hope you enjoy it.

thank you very much for giving the link to the video. Fantastic material, it knocks me off my feet!

I had heard many times about the kacapi suling music in the Maenpo Peupeuhan Adung Rais. Even a Dutch colleague of mine, Wim van Zanten, was in close correspondence with the late Uking Sukri, one of the kacapi players that accompanied this schools' kembangan in the 1980-1990ies. But, unfortunately, I never got an opportunity to watch and listen to it my self. So, this is a premiere to me. Beautiful!

One remark to the movement art: The Peupeuhan of course is a very special appearance form of traditional Penca Sunda. The relationships to ameng Cikalong and Sabandar are clearly to be seen, but it is quite different in relation to speed, and in relation to leg movements. The Peupeuhan uses much more power and straightforwardness. In West Java, many players told me

"there is no arts aspect in Pukulan/Peupeuhan, this Penca may not be of interest for your studies on kembangan and music".

As I see now, this is surely not fitting for the Adung Rais school.

Thank you for this hint,

All the best

Uwe
Alam takambang jadi guru