+-

Video Silat

Shoutbox

30/12/2023 22:12 anaknaga: Mudik ke Forum ini.
Mampir dulu di penghujung 2023..
07/11/2021 17:43 santri kinasih: Holaaaaas
10/02/2021 10:29 anaknaga: Salam Silat..
Semoga Sadulur sekalian sehat semua di Masa Pandemi Covid-19. semoga olah raga dan rasa dapat meningkatkan daya tahan tubuh kita. hampur 5 tahun tidak ada yang memberikan komen disini.
23/12/2019 08:32 anaknaga: Tidak bisa masuk thread. dah lama tidak nengok perkembangan forum ini.
salam perguruan dan padepokan silat seluruh nusantara.
02/07/2019 18:01 Putra Petir: Akhirnya masuk jua... wkwkwk
13/12/2016 10:49 Taufan: Yuk ke Festival Kampung Silat Jampang 17-18 Desember 2016!!!
20/09/2016 16:45 Dolly Maylissa: kangen diskusi disini
View Shout History

Recent Topics

Berita Duka: Alamsyah bin H Mursyid Bustomi by luri
10/07/2022 09:14

PPS Betako Merpati Putih by acepilot
14/08/2020 10:06

Minta Do`a dan bimbingan para suhu dan sesepuh silat :D. SANDEKALA by zvprakozo
10/04/2019 18:34

On our book: "The Fighting Art of Pencak Silat and its Music" by Ilmu Padi
13/03/2017 14:37

Siaran Radio ttg. Musik Pencak Silat di Stasiun "BR-Klassik / Musik der Welt" by Ilmu Padi
12/01/2017 16:19

Tentang buku kami: "The Fighting Art of Pencak Silat and its Music" by Ilmu Padi
17/10/2016 20:27

Hoby Miara Jin by anaknaga
19/09/2016 04:50

TALKSHOW SILAT - Silat Untuk Kehidupan by luri
22/06/2016 08:11

Thi Khi I Beng by aki sija
17/08/2015 06:19

[BUKUTAMU] by devil
09/06/2015 21:51

Daftar Aliran dan Perguruan di Indonesia by devil
01/06/2015 14:01

SILAT BERDO'A SELAMAT by devil
01/06/2015 13:59

Persilatan Jurus Lima (Sabandar) by Marsudi Eko
14/05/2015 19:36

Kebugaran Merpati Putih by mpcrb
22/04/2015 16:16

PAWAI JAMBORE PENCAK 2015 by luri
20/04/2015 16:20

SilatIndonesia.Com

Author Topic: Cimande Macan Guling  (Read 12659 times)

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Website about Cimande Macan Guling from Banten
Cimande Macan Guling
« on: 20/07/2007 17:34 »
Assalamua'laikum to everyone,

I would like to share with you all my website about Cimande Macan Guling and Debus from Banten. I'm sorry, until now my website is mainly in french but you may like to see some photos and videos from our art and from our trips to the mother country of our style.
http://www.cimandefrance.com/

I wish all the best for this Forum. I wish a greta future for it.
Thanks for having putted an english version  ;D
as my bahasa indonesia is not good enough...  :-\

Wassalam
Gorka

Rebo Paing

Re: Cimande Macan Guling
« Reply #1 on: 20/07/2007 17:42 »
Welcome Mas Gorka!

I am a huge fan of your videos. It is great to see you here, I hope that you will visit more often (and please keep making those videos  [top]).

Salam hangat,
Krisno

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2007 18:59 »
Assalamua'laikum Krisno,

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
I've got a lot more videos from Banten.
I just miss some time to put them on internet.
But I'll do my best to fulfill your request  [top]

Wassalam
Gorka

kisawung

• Anggota Senior
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3 on: 20/07/2007 21:35 »
Hello Pendekar / Guru Gorka  [top]

i`m very happy meet u here at sahabatsilat.com

hope u enjoy in here  [thank]

by the way... where are Gabriel my friend  ;D

Mumtaz

« Reply #4 on: 21/07/2007 01:38 »
Salaam Guru Gorka,

Man, thank you for posting those cool videos on youtube.  You are very lucky to have the opportunity to train with those guys.  Keep us informed of your works.

Mumtaz

Ranggalana

• Calon Pendekar
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • sastra jendra hyu ning rad pangruwating diyu
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 21/07/2007 08:01 »
Assalamua'laikum to everyone,

I would like to share with you all my website about Cimande Macan Guling and Debus from Banten. I'm sorry, until now my website is mainly in french but you may like to see some photos and videos from our art and from our trips to the mother country of our style.
http://www.cimandefrance.com/

Wassalam
Gorka

Wa'alaekum salaam, Guru Gorka,

Selamat Datang! Welcome to this forum and please post actively. I am also a fan of your vids. More! More! More! [top]

Wassalam,
Bram.
batu kali jadi candi, duka jadi puisi, jagal jadi wali

AbdUllah

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 22/07/2007 20:52 »
MashaAllah Pak Gorka
i really enjoy watching some of your videos. And your style of cimande seems very beautiful and authentic.
I was just wondering if i could make a request? Would it be possible to see your style in action? I mean not just forms or public dance displays. These are very beautiful  and show the purity of the art but (if it is not too much difficulty for you) would it also be possible to see the practical reality of your lovely art? :)
You might even already have one up, and just through my own blindness i have missed it, so if that is the case please forgive me.

Peace

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 23/07/2007 19:15 »
Assalamua'laikum AbdUllah and everyone,

Thanks for all your nice comments on our website and our videos.
About the "practical reality of our lovely art", I've tasted it in Banten ;D
But I don't have much videos about it. I've got some but the qualitry is really poor...
On my next trip, I may be able to take some or if I've got some time I can make a short movie about the practical side of Cimande Macan Guling with one of my students. I'll see what I can do to answer your request...

Thanks for all  [top]

Wassalam
Gorka

Aikijutsu

• Anggota
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 23/07/2007 23:07 »
Asalaam Aleikum,

Abdullah, your well-intended request to Mas Gorka is a bit shaky.  Think about what you are asking.  Real silat masters are very low key and don't talk at all about how "deadly" is their cimande, so you would be hard pressed to get them to demo the harder aspects of the art.

Plus, video does not tell the whole story.  I once had the good opportunity to train with a genuine cimande man that showed me some basic juru applications.  I threw a punch, he hit my arm and the arm was useless for the rest of the day.  It didn't look like anything special.  No bells and whistles to play to the camera.  The proof is in the pudding.

Mas Gorka, have you been to Tari Kolot?

Salaam,
Ken

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 24/07/2007 04:20 »
Assalamua'laikum Aikijutsu,

Thanks for your answer mas Aikijutsu.
To answer your question : yes I've been to Tari Kolot once.
I've met there the leaders of Cimande. I'm welcome anytime I want to train there with them. I had the chance to have been introduce there by Pak Wawan who is a famous Dalang/Dance/Silat teacher living in Bogor. He knows them well and he has a strong reputation.
My main spring of Knowledge in Cimande Macan Guling is the city of Serang in Banten province and a small village around called Rancalame.

Wassalam
Gorka

AbdUllah

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 24/07/2007 04:54 »
selamat pesilatan
Aiki i would usually agree with you on you saying that there is a level of secrecy that is maintained regarding the beladiri in each aliran, however i just made the assumption that Brother Gorka's perguruan had opened its doors (much like Gayong have in malaysia and cimande have in America), given that he had previously posted many videos of his style. I was not looking to see every trick in the book :p, i was just curious to see the art in motion.

However brother Gorka, if you were only interested in showing people the seni of your art to give them a flavour and you had no intention of showing the beladiri, and thus there was no videos of it on purpose, then i retract my request and respect your wish for privacy (as i would be the same way if i were in your position).

Peace brothers :)

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: 24/07/2007 14:18 »
Assalamua'laikum Abdullah,

Don't worry, my purpose is to promote Cimande Macan Guling. I can make the difference between the "private" part and the "public" part of our art. As I told you the video about beladiri that I have from Banten are really poor quality  :-\
But I'll see what I can do

wassalam
Gorka

Ranggalana

• Calon Pendekar
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 24/07/2007 16:06 »
Assalamualaekum, Gorka,

I have seen a vid from you depicting a kebal demonstration where an old man stands on the sharp sides of a pair of goloks and sort of bounces up and down on them.

Could you please elaborate on your understanding of ilmu kebal?

Thanks in advance,

Wasalam
Bram

Gorka

• Anggota Tetap
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: 24/07/2007 16:28 »
Assalamua'laikum Bram,

The video you're talking about was taken in Serang during the Cimande Macan Guling Keceran 2004 (if my memory is not wrong).
This is a Debus representation. My understanding of ilmu kebal is small.
Banten is very famous about his Debus. Debus includes a lot of different demonstrations. Resisting to fire, to golok, to broken glass, Paku Banten, to pisau, bats coming out from the mouth, boiling krupuks on top of the head...
All this demonstrations in Banten are part of Debus. Debus is coming from Islam.
At its origin Debus was done to promote Islam in Banten. During Sultan Ageng Tirtayasa reign (around 1651/1652), Debus was done to develop a fighting spirit for the people fighting against the Dutch colonies. Sultan Ageng Tirtayasa himself was teaching Debus techniques to his followers by teaching them the Al Quran.
Other stories tell that Sultan Maulana Hasanuddin was also using Debus to help Islam during its spreading around Banten (which was Hindo-bouddhist during this period). Other texts link Debus with the Rifaiah Tarikat from Aceh or Naqshabandiyya or Qâdiriyya Tarikat.

I hope that this small contribution can help some of you...
Bram, I guess that there is no new teaching for you in this contribution and you probably already know all this...  :)

Wassalam
Gorka

Ranggalana

• Calon Pendekar
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: 24/07/2007 16:37 »
Assalamua'laikum Bram,

The video you're talking about was taken in Serang during the Cimande Macan Guling Keceran 2004 (if my memory is not wrong).
This is a Debus representation. My understanding of ilmu kebal is small.
Banten is very famous about his Debus. Debus includes a lot of different demonstrations. Resisting to fire, to golok, to broken glass, Paku Banten, to pisau, bats coming out from the mouth, boiling krupuks on top of the head...
All this demonstrations in Banten are part of Debus. Debus is coming from Islam.
At its origin Debus was done to promote Islam in Banten. During Sultan Ageng Tirtayasa reign (around 1651/1652), Debus was done to develop a fighting spirit for the people fighting against the Dutch colonies. Sultan Ageng Tirtayasa himself was teaching Debus techniques to his followers by teaching them the Al Quran.
Other stories tell that Sultan Maulana Hasanuddin was also using Debus to help Islam during its spreading around Banten (which was Hindo-bouddhist during this period). Other texts link Debus with the Rifaiah Tarikat from Aceh or Naqshabandiyya or Qâdiriyya Tarikat.

I hope that this small contribution can help some of you...
Bram, I guess that there is no new teaching for you in this contribution and you probably already know all this...  :)

Wassalam
Gorka

Wa'alaekum salaam Gorka,

Thank you for the swift response. I think I phrased my question wrong, as I did not intend to ask about the history and practise of debus. Rather I wanted to hear from you, your opinion. Like when I see debus it always makes me amazed and sometimes I think that there must be a trick there, but there never seems to be any trick. I was wondering if you felt the same. Have you seen kebal in action outside of a demonstration?

BTW, I once translated a museum catalog for an exhibition of Islamic art in Adelaide and there were debus equipment from the old Cirebon kesultanan. It is true that debus was introduced to Indonesia by the Wali to attract people to Islam. Nowadays many Wahabi inclined Muslims feel that debus is contrary to Islam. Shows how things change.

Wa salam,
Bram